Operating System Used – Windows 7
Iphone 4 Bypass iCloud activation Geekgrade
iPhone 4 with A4 chip also works ipod4 , ipad 1 (iPhone 4S will not work because it has an A5 chip which does not have a public bootrom exploit)
IMPORTANT : Bypassing iCloud activation (i.e. steps 8-13) will render your iPhone’s cellular capability unusable. You must have an iCloud account to activate the cellular capability.
Things you will Needed:
Geekgrade iOS 6.1.3 IPSW – GeekGrade/download
iOS Firmware 6.0 Stock IPSW – http://www.iphonehacks.com/download-iphone-ios-firmware (choose 6.0 for your device)
Redsn0w (latest version) – http://www.jailbreaktools.com/downlo…w-0.9.15b3.zip
iReb (latest version) – https://github.com/iH8sn0w/iREB-2.0/…97/ireb-r7.zip
iPhone 4 ssh ramdisk loader – http://www.4shared.com/zip/Pqf2a8je/…_rev04bjar.htm
iTunes 11.0 (It must be 11.0, the first version 11 released) – http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.php
WinSCP (latest version) – http://winscp.net/download/winscp554.zip
1. Start with freshly restored iPhone 4 on 7.1.2.
2. Use iReb to put your iPhone in pwn DFU mode.
3. Open iTunes 11.0, click the “Check” button, hold alt+shift and click the restore button and choose the Geekgrade IPSW you downloaded earlier.
4. When the restore is done you will get the “Check” dialogue and the iPhone should be in iTunes recovery mode.
5. Click cancel when it gives you the “Check” dialogue.
6. Close iTunes.
7. Put iPhone in normal DFU mode (google how).
8. Start the ssh ramdisk loader. When it is done open WinSCP.
9. In WinSCP for “Host name:” put “localhost” (without quotes). Port number is 2022. User name is “root” (without quotes). Password is “alpine” (without quotes).
10. Click Login and click yes to save rsa key. When you are logged in go to “Commands” > “Open Terminal.” Click “Okay.”
11. In the “Enter Command” box enter “mount.sh” (without quotes). Click “Execute” then “Close.”
12. In the right pane of WinSCP click the folder with the up button until you see the “mnt1” and “mnt2” folders.
13. Navigate to “mnt1” > “Applications.” Right-click on “Setup.app” and choose “Delete.” When it is done deleting close WinSCP and the SSH loader (java window).
14. Hold the Power+Home buttons on your iPhone until it reboots. Your iPhone should now be in iTunes recovery mode again.
15. Put iPhone in normal DFU mode again (google how).
16. Open redsn0w and go to “Extras” > “Select IPSW.” Choose the stock 6.0 firmware (not Geekgrade) you downloaded earlier.
17. Click “Extras” > “Just Boot.” Allow the phone to boot into iOS 6.1.3. Wait a couple minutes, turn phone off.
18. Put iPhone in normal DFU mode again (google how).
19. Open redsn0w and go to “Extras” > “Select IPSW.” Choose the stock 6.0 firmware (not Geekgrade) you downloaded earlier.
20. Click “back” > “Jailbreak.” Make sure that only the box for cydia is checked.
21. Allow the jailbreak process to complete. Your phone will be in iTunes recovery mode once again.
22. Put iPhone in normal DFU mode again (google how).
23. Open redsn0w and go to “Extras” > “Select IPSW.” Choose the stock 6.0 firmware (not Geekgrade) you downloaded earlier.
24. Click “Extras” > “Just Boot.”
25. This is a Tethered boot meaning that if you run out of battery or have to shut the phone off you must follow steps 22 – 24 to boot into the device.
26. Happy jailbreaking everyone.
27. IF YOU DONT HAVE CARRIER FOR SOME JAILBREAK REASON… OPEN CYDIA AND SOURCE , TYPE http://repo.bingner.com AND FIX CARRIER
(Always close redsn0w after each step. It is buggy that way)
Please note : You will have to disable OTA updates with this firmware with “Software Update Killer” from Cydia as soon as you are connected to the internet. It is best to skip the essential upgrades and immediately install this first to make sure that the software update does not complete. After you install “Software Update Killer” immediately reboot using steps 22-24… You can delete the partially downloaded software update using “MobileTerminal” or “iFile” from “/var/mobile/Media/Downloads.”
tks to cyber team for the info