New checkra1n is out for all devices, Support for iOS 14.5 Jailbreak for iPhone 5s through iPhone X, iOS 12.0 and iOS14.5, This release is a beta preview and as such should not be installed on a primary devices.
- Support for iOS 14.5
- Preliminary support for M1 Macs – read the announcement
--force-revertcommand line option to force rootFS reverting without access to the loader app
- The included binpack has been updated and thinned
- Fixes an issue that caused the loader app to crash on tvOS 12
- Fixes checkra1n crashing on macOS if using a recent MobileDevice framework
- Fixes an issue that could cause the “terminal UI” to crash on Linux
- Fixes an issue where the “terminal UI” could leave the terminal in an unusable state on exit
- The “devhelper” process on Linux is now properly cleaned up on exit
- A11 devices on iOS 14.0 and above require removing the passcode and enabling “Skip A11 BPR check” in the options. This is not recommended, but it’s there.
UPDATE: Checkra1n Jailbreak for iOS14.5 is out (download)
- A7 devices will currently not work with the Linux version
- The exploit may not work as reliably on some devices, such as the Raspberry Pi Zero and Raspberry Pi 3
- Linux GUI build when using CLI mode doesn’t support auto assertion of DFU mode on advanced Apple TV 4k breakout boards
- If you disconnect the cable, then as soon as macOS boots it’ll take over the USB connection and disallow communication with the T2
- Some users have reported checkra1n crashing when Chinese is set as the only system language. It is unknown whether any other language is affected.
This beta is only available for macOS and Linux. Work is ongoing to support Windows, which will be added in a later release.
At the moment, checkra1n only supports installing Cydia. Support for other package managers, including Zebra and Installer is coming soon and is expected within the coming weeks.
Checkra1n working on iPhone 6S running the iOS 14.6 beta. I haven’t noticed any problems related to the jailbreak so far, and this should work with 14.5 too. The only real issue I have faced is you have to put it into recovery mode manually rather than it letting you switch to recovery from the OS. I’ve heard some people have had issues with A10/A11 because of the SEP thing. You can try it, but I can’t guarantee it works!
Checkra1n working on iOS 14.6 beta 1 on the iPhone 6S with (PongOS)
You will need a computer running macOS or Linux. I recommend macOS though, I’ve had issues with Linux when compiling the pongoOS. You’ll also need git installed, and if you are on macOS you will need the Xcode command line tools too. Open up a terminal and run:
git clone https://github.com/checkra1n/pongoOS.git
If you’re on Linux, you’ll need to run the following first: (this is only for Debian/Ubuntu)
echo 'deb https://assets.checkra.in/debian /' | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/checkra1n.list
sudo apt-key adv --fetch-keys https://assets.checkra.in/debian/archive.key
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -y ld64 cctools-strip
Now go to the build folder in your pongoOS repo, you should find several .bin files. The one we want is called “PongoConsolidated.bin”
Download the latest version of checkra1n from http://checkra.in if you haven’t already. Close the terminal you are in, and open up a brand new one. If you’re on Linux, then cd to the directory you store checkra1n in, and then run:
sudo ./checkra1n -c -k (drag and drop PongoConsolidated.bin)
If you’re on macOS, then run:
./checkra1n.app/Contents/MacOS/checkra1n -c -k (drag and drop PongoConsolidated.bin)
Now plug in your iPhone and put it into DFU mode. To do this, press down the power and home button for ten seconds, then release the power button and keep holding the home button until checkra1n starts the exploit. Your device should be jailbroken and boot up successfully, with no kernel panics or anything. After about a minute the checkra1n app will appear, you can now jailbreak your device and install Cydia (if you haven’t already). Enjoy!
compiled version pongOS
Only works on A8(X) and A9(X). Usage is exactly the same as normal checkn1x.
Also works on 14.6 beta