checkra1n uses a bootrom exploit called checkm8, so it is possible to jailbreak up to A11 devices forever though jailbreak tool. Also checkra1n, let the SSH connection possible via localhost.
libmuxd is required. If it is not installed, install it.
- jailbreak with checkra1n download here
- Connect to mac and start a terminal with your mac
- USB connection is required and iproxy installed ( brew install libimobiledevice )
- Execute the following command in terminal
- iproxy 2222 22 (if you getting problems with port connection use 44 ex: iproxy 2222 44)
- Open another terminal window/ separate window and execute the following command to connect to SSH
- ssh root @ localhost -p 2222
- If you enter the root password (alpine), SSH connection is established.
SSH connection to localhost with checkra1n read/write
SSH connection to localhost with checkra1n read/write icloud bypass carrier not working more research will need.
Try this on your own responsibility deleting setup.app can boot loop your device. It is better rename or backup setup.app before you doing anything.
Final steps on terminal
mount -o rw,union,update /
echo “” >> /.mount_rw
now you can remove and add files (Delete setup.app for example) and remount partition using this command: